Elements of Literature (2nd Edition), from BJU Press, helps students understand and appreciate history’s best writing by explaining advanced literary concepts. Students learn the method and importance of literary analysis by studying pieces from several genres and interpreting them in light of Biblical truth. One of the well-known works studied is Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet.
Elements of Literature:
- Teaches students how to analyze literature from a Biblical perspective
- Encourages critical-thinking skills through a collection of classic works in many genres and from many cultures and countries
- Emphasizes the literary elements that define lasting artistic literature
- Emphasizes the worldview presented in an author’s writing
- Trains students to exercise Biblically based moral discernment
As an added feature, the visual analysis section at the beginning of each unit relates the unit’s topic with the visual arts!
- Teacher’s Edition with CD
- Student Text
- Tests and Answer Key
This course can be taken at home at any point in a student’s high school career, so you can order and start right now! Homeschool Programs and complete support in structuring a full year of homeschooling curricula are available at Bridgeway Academy.