U.S. Facts & Fun, Grades 1–3 presents a variety of informative topics:
- events, such as the Iditarod race, the invention of the telephone, and the creation of the U.S. flag
- people, such as Levi Strauss, Dr. Seuss, and Annie Oakley
- animals, such as prairie dogs, state birds, and alligators
- sites, such as the Great Salt Lake, MammothCave, and Tornado Alley
- use these short stories to make connections with holidays, celebrations, and other curricular topics or to practice nonfiction reading skills
This resource contains teacher support pages, reproducible student pages, and an answer key.