In The World’s Story 3: The Modern Age, students will study the Age of Explorers through the modern day and learn all about the wars, revolutions, and culture changes that defined these times. A Teacher Guide provides a full-year history course with a daily schedule, worksheets, hands-on activities, and research prompts.
This thrilling history book teaches students about the growth of our world, from the first explorers to today’s modernized world. Set sail with Christopher Columbus, Ferdinand Magellan, and others as you follow this story-based approach on your journey to modern times, visiting the sites of major wars and revolutions and tracing the rise and fall of various nations.
In The World’s Story 3: The Modern Age, students will discover:
- A conversational narrative that brings the modern age to life
- Gorgeous photographs, artwork, and maps that help students visualize people, places, and events
- Educational features that dig deeper into combating post-modern thinking with Biblical authority
In exploring this course, students will see how God used people to expand and advance our world. They will learn about the discovery of new lands, the development of new technology, and the constant cultural struggle among people of all ethnicities. They’ll also study how modernization has radically changed politics, economies, cultures, societies, and worldviews all around the globe! The course is approximately 30 to 45 minutes per lesson, five days per week, and is designed for grades 6 through 8 as a one-year history course.
The World’s Story 3: The Modern Age Set includes:
- The full-color The World’s Story 3: The Modern Age Student Textbook featuring engaging narrative and beautiful historic illustrations, photographs, maps, and cultural connections.
- The World’s Story 3: The Modern Age Teacher Guide, which features: convenient daily schedule; student worksheets for narration (oral and written), sketching, map adventures, and timelines; optional Digging Deeper activities; special project ideas; review sheets and answer keys; and three-hole-punched, perforated pages for convenience.