The activity book is organized into 15 theme-based units around topics that kindergarteners enjoy, such as dinosaurs, pirates, and toys. Each unit focuses on a grammar concept and punctuation concept, and includes:
- A reading selection – A short fiction or nonfiction text engages children and presents the concept or skill in context.
- Rule boxes – Grammar and punctuation rules are made simple with a short explanation, and clear examples help to teach the skill.
- Colorful practice activities – A variety of activities include fun illustrations to motivate your child to practice the grammar and punctuation skills.
- Riddles and word games – Your child will use critical thinking skills while applying the targeted grammar or punctuation skill in a fun format!
- Writing practice – The “Write It Right!” page encourages your child to use the skills in context, which further promotes understanding.
- Review page – The short review activity is a great way to check your child’s understanding.
The grammar concepts for kindergarten include:
Punctuation concepts for grade kindergarten include:
- Upper- and lowercase letters
- Question marks
- Exclamation points
Additional skill practice:
- Letter formation
- Sight words
- Simple sentences
- Word recognition
Skill Sharpeners: Grammar and Punctuation engages your child in learning important grammar and punctuation rules. It’s ideal for enrichment at home and in the classroom, for homeschooling, and for English language learning.