Gr. 5 – 8. Wednesdays 11:30 – 12:30 pm Eastern Time
This course runs March 20-May 26, 2017
Enrollment Deadline 2/28/17
*Prerequisite: Fun w/Science: Marine Biology I
Dive further into your ocean studies! Explore the depths of the oceans in greater detail and discover more of what the mysterious ocean holds. A great follow up to our Fun with Science: Marine Biology course, this course is for middle school students and will build and add to concepts and facts about the ocean and the life within it. Ocean composition, ocean currents and biological interactions in the ocean are just a few of the topics we’ll investigate.
GRADE LEVEL: MS
SUBJECT: Life Science
SCHEDULED: Session 3
Bridgeway Academy Learning Labs are live, onine courses for students in grades 1 - 12. Looking to immerse your homeschooler in a collaborative, interactive learning environment conveniently brought right into your home? These exciting courses take engaging subjects like Marine Biology and American History to the next level with real time instruction and incredible interactive classroom features like live video and chat, customized presentations, a whiteboard, instant polls and surveys and much more.
Here is a brief overview of the Learning Lab program:
- Elementary and middle school courses meet for 10 weeks–no need to commit for a full year
- High school courses meet for 15 weeks and provide 1/2 credit of study
- Meet live & online–maximizing engagement with other students and a certified teacher.
- Offer credit in hard to find courses like Biology Lab and Website Design.
- Are led by energetic, upbeat instructors who are experts in their fields
- Include weekly lessons designed to inspire creativity and critical thinking
- Include courses like “Delightful Data, Charts & Graphs” for elementary ages, “Fantastic Fantasy Literature” for middle-schoolers and “Art Appreciation & The American Experience” for high school aged students!