Gr. 1 – 8 Tuesdays 7:00 – 8:00 pm Eastern Time
This course runs March 20 – May 26, 2017
Enrollment Deadline 2/28/17
Architecture with Brick Building I is NOT required to enjoy this course.
Have you ever wondered how your community playground was designed? During this course students will explore the history of playground development, the development of playground equipment and the 7 Universal Principles of Playground Architecture. We will work through these topics with the use of LEGO® blocks and/or the LEGO DIGITAL DESIGNER® computer program. Highly engaging hands on activities and imagination are the foundation of this course, which culminates with students creating and sharing models of their own Dream Playgrounds!
GRADE LEVEL: ELEM
SCHEDULED: Session 3
Bridgeway Academy Learning Labs are live, onine courses for students in grades 1 - 12. Looking to immerse your homeschooler in a collaborative, interactive learning environment conveniently brought right into your home? These exciting courses take engaging subjects like Marine Biology and American History to the next level with real time instruction and incredible interactive classroom features like live video and chat, customized presentations, a whiteboard, instant polls and surveys and much more.
Here is a brief overview of the Learning Lab program:
- Elementary and middle school courses meet for 10 weeks–no need to commit for a full year
- High school courses meet for 15 weeks and provide 1/2 credit of study
- Meet live & online–maximizing engagement with other students and a certified teacher.
- Offer credit in hard to find courses like Biology Lab and Website Design.
- Are led by energetic, upbeat instructors who are experts in their fields
- Include weekly lessons designed to inspire creativity and critical thinking
- Include courses like “Delightful Data, Charts & Graphs” for elementary ages, “Fantastic Fantasy Literature” for middle-schoolers and “Art Appreciation & The American Experience” for high school aged students!