Readers in Residence Compete Set from Apologia, a wonderful new Language Arts course by author Debra Bell, is a reading comprehension, literature, and vocabulary program. It may be used alone or in conjunction with the Writers in Residence series. Together the two programs provide a full year of language arts. In Readers in Residence, while studying some of the finest books in children’s literature, students learn how to do the following:
- understand the author’s craft, choices, and intentions
- recognize the literary elements authors use to create fiction and nonfiction
- make inferences from the details in the text plus their own prior knowledge and experience
- decode the meaning of unfamiliar words from context clues
- build a rich and varied vocabulary
- identify and understand figures of speech such as personification, metaphor, and hyperbole
- notice how expert writers employ the conventions of the English language (punctuation, capitalization, grammar, and usage) to achieve clarity
***Readers in Residence, volume 1 is aimed at students in 4th grade and up. It is suitable for older students who struggle with reading comprehension or who are unfamiliar with the skills taught in this program.
Apologia Science, written specifically for homeschools and Christian schools has quickly became a favorite science program all across the country and around the world.
Written for home education, in a conversational style that takes the complexities of science and breaks them down into understandable instruction
, Apologia Science
has won the respect of educators, homeschooling schools and homeschoolers.
This experiment rich curriculum
, gives students the hands on projects necessary to take science from concept to reality as they perform the many experiments outlined at each level.
Add a Science Kit to complement the many experiments in the Apologia Science curriculum.
Teachers and parents love the conversational style that allows them the ability to give their students the freedom to work independently through the course. Students love the colorful illustrations, the conversational style and the carefully designed experiments that make learning fun and engaging.
At the elementary level, students are able to focus on specific topics in science including:
At the middle and high school level, students engage in instruction from general science to specialized titles including:
- Zoology I—Flying Creatures of the Third Day
- Zoology II—Swimming Creatures of the Fifth Day
- Zoology III—Land Animals of the Sixth Day
- Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Chemistry and Physics
- Apologia General Science
- Apologia Physical Science
- Apologia Biology
- Apologia Chemistry
- Apologia Physics
In addition, the advanced concepts make Apologia Science a good choice for students seeking an honors level program.
Students are also able to take their learning deeper through Apologia’s advanced science courses in:
- Advanced Biology—Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Advanced Chemistry
- Advanced Physics
All of Apologia’s advanced science titles
are designed to give students the instruction they need to earn a credit in AP Biology, AP Chemistry and AP Physics.
Buying your Apologia Science curriculum, home school supplies and other homeschooling curriculum at Curriculumexpress.com can be done with confidence because our home education materials, science kits, home schooling curriculum, books and more are backed by our 30 day money back guarantee.