**This is an Online Course**
Prerequisites: Completion of an Algebra 1 and a Geometry Curriculum
With Mr. D Math Algebra 2:
- The student has a built-in teaching partner.
- Examples in the online videos go right with the course work.
- The solution guide shows each answer worked out step-by-step.
- There are online quizzes for added reinforcement and standardized test preparation.
- Math language development is a top focus.
- The program delivers to multiple learning styles reaching the auditory, visual, and kinesthetic learner.
- There is an online gradebook and calendar to organize grades and provide a scope and sequence for the school year.
- There is a live online help session each week for students requesting extra help.
Mr D Math Algebra 2 includes chapters:
- Equations and Inequalities
- Linear Relations and Functions
- Systems of Equation and Inequalities
- Quadratic Functions and Relations
- Polynomial Functions and Relations
Semester I Exam
- Inverse and Radical Functions and Relations
- Exponential and Logarithmic Functions and Relations
- Rational Functions and Relations
- Conic Sections
- Sequences and Series
- Probability and Statistics
Semester II Exam
Utilizing a hands-on approach to learning math, Mr. D Math takes advantage of multiple learning types--online, written, video, self-grading, and more--to teach math as a language.
Self-Paced Online Curriculum
Each Mr. D Math self-paced online curriculum includes 12 chapters of video-based instruction (Mac- and PC-compatible), coursework for each section of each chapter, 12 chapter tests, two semester exams, a comprehensive solution manual, an online gradebook, enrollment in the Mr. D Math virtual learning center, and the opportunity to attend a live, online help session with the Mr. D Math teaching staff once each week throughout the academic year (August to May).
What Makes This Program Different?
Learning “math as a language” is a top focus of this program, and it caters to multiple math learning styles to communicate effectively with tactile, imaginative, and logical learners. Students (and parents) have a built-in teaching partner, so you’re not stuck with a boring workbook that you can’t figure out on your own! Plus, students and parents have online access to the Mr. D Math teaching staff for questions and support. Students also score their own coursework and exams, further deepening the learning process.
Examples and solutions are hand-written, and the students watch the teacher’s hand doing the writing; research shows that this increases comprehension and retention. Students use an online video format to review lessons at home as well as in the classroom, and the comprehensive solution manual shows each and every answer worked out step by step.