In this world of calculators, computers, and even smart smart phones, students still need to master math and problem-solving skills.
Math 3 Homeschool Kit First Edition from Saxon Math will prepare your students for future success in many fields!
Math 3 uses simulations and games to help third-grade students understand and practice new concepts, stressing Social studies and science connections.
Your child will learn to:
- Skip-count by whole numbers
- Compare and order numbers
- Identify ordinal position to the twentieth
- Identify and complete patterns
- Add and subtract multidigit numbers
- Divide by single-digit divisors
- Add positive and negative numbers
- Picture, name, and order fractions
- Add and subtract fractions with common denominators
- Understand and calculate measurements
- Compare and measure mass
- Identify function rules
- Graph ordered pairs on a coordinate graph
- Identify angles
- Identify lines of symmetry
Prepare your student for real-life problem solving with Math 3 Homeschool Kit First Edition from Saxon Math! Order today from Curriculum Express!
View Sample Page
Saxon Math has a proven record of success among schools and homeschools. As a result, Saxon is a top math choice from kindergarten through high school.
The Saxon Approach
Saxon’s approach to math is to focus on individual skills and essential concepts rather than classroom interaction. Therefore, with Saxon, each concept is introduced and then reviewed and expanded upon consistently throughout the school year. Students gain new concepts, practice them and build on them incrementally as they learn new concepts that apply to the old. Saxon does not provide colorful textbooks; instead it provides a step-by-step proven approach to math that leads to math success.
The Building Blocks of Math
When used in its entirety, Saxon’s innovative approach ensures that students gain and retain critical math skills, ensuring success in more complex skills. Topics and concepts are never taught and then dropped to be reviewed next year. Instead, more complex concepts build on the old as students practice them every day.
Saxon Placement Tests
Middle Grades 5/4-Algebra 1/2