Modern Milestones is designed for students in the Word Extension stage of spelling.
- Features artists, musicians, scientists, and others who have influenced our world since early modern times.
- Expands and adapts the familiar Spelling You See activities:
- Marking word patterns – focuses attention on the ways in which suffixes and prefixes affect the spelling of different words
- Copy work – continues to be a valuable tool to help the brain pay attention to details in print
- Dictation – gives an opportunity for student to demonstrate decoding and encoding in a meaningful context
- Includes a weekly Workshop activity that provides students with opportunities to apply and practice the patterns they have learned.
- Gradually increases in reading level, providing opportunities for vocabulary development and allowing students to learn how to spell words in an interesting context.
- Includes 36 weekly lessons divided between two books; each lesson has five parts, A through E.
- Has daily activities consisting of two facing pages.
The Modern Milestones Universal Set includes:
- Level G: Modern Milestones Workbook Part I, 183 pages, softcover.
- Level G: Modern Milestones Student Workbook Part II, 183 pages, softcover.
- Instructor’s Handbook, 70 pages with glossary, softcover, 9.25″ x 8″.
- One set of Crayola Erasable Colored Pencils (set of 10).
Please take the Readiness Assessment if you are unsure is your student is ready for this course – https://spellingyousee.com/getting-started/