American Spirit continues to guide students through the Skill Development Stage.
- Features nonfiction stories about people and events from American history
- Involves the three core activities for Spelling You See:
- chunking – provides hands-on experience with English’s many irregular letter patterns
- copywork – requires the brain to pay attention to details in print
- dictation – gives an opportunity for student to demonstrate decoding and encoding in a meaningful context
- Gradually increases in reading level, providing opportunities for vocabulary development and allowing students to learn how to spell words in an interesting context
- Includes 36 weekly lessons divided between two books; each lesson has five parts, A through E
- Has daily activities consisting of two facing pages
This American Spirit Universal Set Includes:
- Level E: American Spirit Workbook Part I: 183 pages, softcover.
- Level E: American Spirit Student Workbook Part II: 183 pages, softcover. Both are consumable, non-reproducible workbooks.
- Instructor Handbook, 56 pages with glossary, softcover. 9.25″ x 8″.
- One set of Crayola Erasable Colored Pencils (Set of 10)