American Spirit continues to guide students through the Skill Development Stage.
- Features nonfiction stories about people and events from American history.
- Involves the three core activities for Spelling You See:
- Chunking – provides hands-on experience with English’s many irregular letter patterns
- Copy work – requires the brain to pay attention to details in print
- Dictation – gives an opportunity for student to demonstrate decoding and encoding in a meaningful context
- Gradually increases in reading level, providing opportunities for vocabulary development and allowing students to learn how to spell words in an interesting context.
- Includes 36 weekly lessons divided between two books; each lesson has five parts, A through E.
- Has daily activities consisting of two facing pages.
This American Spirit Universal Set includes:
- Level E: American Spirit Workbook Part I, 183 pages, softcover.
- Level E: American Spirit Student Workbook Part II, 183 pages, softcover. Both are consumable, non-reproducible workbooks.
- Instructor Handbook, 56 pages with glossary, softcover, 9.25″ x 8″.
- One set of Crayola Erasable Colored Pencils (set of 10).
Please take the Readiness Assessment if you are unsure is your student is ready for this course – https://spellingyousee.com/getting-started/