In this day of “txt-speak,” sound bites, tweets, and keyboards, your child still needs to be able to read and write with comprehension and God-honoring style.
The ACE English III PACE Set from Accelerated Christian Education includes all 11th grade English II PACEs (1121-1132). Answer keys sold separately.
In these PACEs, your student will:
- Identify sentence fragments, run-ons, and complete sentences
- Study different periods of American literature
- Recognize and review grammar
- Continue to build knowledge of capitalization and punctuation rules
- Increase writing skills
- Descriptive, narrative, expository, and persuasive elements of a paragraph
- Plan and write an essay.
- Develop setting, character, and plot for a short story
- Research, plan, and write a term paper in a step-by-step process
- Verify and clarify facts presented in other types of expository texts by using a variety of consumer, workplace, and public documents
- Read In His Steps by Charles M. Sheldon and answer questions
- Study excerpts from The Oregon Trail
- Characteristics of satire, parody, allegory
- Pastoral themes used in poetry, prose, plays, novels, short stories, essays
- Other basic genres
- Be encouraged in character development
Teach your student the English skills necessary for meaningful communication with the ACE English III Course from Accelerated Christian Education. Order today from Curriculum Express!